Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sugar Wars!

So you start your plan and your kicking butt, your workouts are going well, your eating plan is under control and all of a sudden you start going through sugar withdraws (and I mean really bad!)! Well this is what I have done in the past to make it through those sugar craving. The first thing you should do before you start is make a plan, that means a menu and from that menu you need to make a shopping list. Then you need to go shopping and get everything that you need for that first week. Prepare your food in advance before your week starts, that means preparing a lot of food. Do that on a day when you have nothing else to do like a Saturday or a Sunday. Pre-pack everything for that first day of your plan. Then for the first week of your plan, eat food made at home and only from home. That means taking a cooler full of food with you to work or even when you rerunning errands. If you can don't go anywhere their is tempting food, that includes the grocery store cause I know for me everything on those shelves would be calling me. And lastly Pray, I repeat this scripture "I can do all things through Jesus Christ who strengthens me" and I say that all day long. It seems to help me get through those really bad cravings. Whatever works for you on the spiritual side use it and use it all day long. If the first week goes by and you are still having cravings repeat this for another two weeks, the reason why I say another two weeks is because it takes 21 days to create a new habit. With a little planning and belief in yourself you can conquer your sugar cravings!

2 comments:

  1. That is such awesome advice Montina!! I have found that is the only way to survive. I have learned that I can't keep sweets or any kind of junk food in the house because I can not handle the correct "portion control" of that type of food. I especially keep a steady conversation going with my Lord and Savior daily to keep having the strength that I need to be successful in this journey. God Bless you my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Montina, you are the biggest winner, continue their struggle and know that all your fans cheer for you and your success! We all have problems, but they are what give meaning to life! Kisses!

    ReplyDelete