Tuesday, January 11, 2011

It doesn't change a thing

I always thought that when I lost the weight, my life would change for the better. I thought I would be happier, richer, and most importantly at peace. But here I am almost 70lbs lighter and I still have all life issues, bills, family, and might I add I am not rich lol, so I started thinking! I remember when life would beat me up I would help it out be feeding myself B.S.! I would medicate myself with food to take away the pain of life, only to find myself making things worse. I"m saying all of this to say. I still have tons of issues and life is still kicking my ass and, my weight doesn't change a thing. I had to find other ways to deal with life. First off I do a lot more praying (more than you would ever know), Secondly I find other ways to medicate myself, I blog or I find friends and family to talk to when I have problems. Thirdly I workout to numb the pain, cause I know that if I gain that weight back it will only make things worse. So now I know that my weight wasn't the issue I was. And knowing that about yourself is half the battle of this entire process.

P.S. I want to send my Love to all of you who read these blog each and everyone of you are special to me. You all may not know this, but this process is a huge help to me in more ways than one!!!!  

2 comments:

  1. Amen Mama you can do it! you're doing it! You're inspiring me!!! I was going to start my journey towards a healthier life style this month but I just found out I have to get surgery, so i'll be off my feet for a while. I'm not going to let that stop me though,as soon as the doctor clears me I'm going to start getting active and I look forward to meeting you next tour so we can share our stories and compare results!! Keep going Montina!!! Love Ya :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in agreeance with you that losing weight will not fix what you hope it will. I too, hoped that with it I will become rich and what not... But, what I have learned that it has opened me to a new understanding of myself. While becoming "healthy" I have learned what causes me to become emotional and I have made new ways to handle them, as you have. I think this is a different form of "rich!" You are slowly finding "it" and people gravitate to "it." Keep up your good work and I am glad I found your site.
    www.fatgirlsweightlossguide.com

    ReplyDelete