Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Monday Diet (LOL)

Have you ever said this to yourself "I'm going to start my diet on Monday"? Then you say I'm going to eat whatever I want this weekend and when Monday comes I'm going to start over. I call this the Monday Diet (LOL), cause we've all been there before. In that place where we are really motivated to do better, so we tell ourselves I'm just going to have that last cookie, Fri, or ice cream cone, and when Monday comes I'm going to start my diet. Before we know it, it's Tuesday and you've cheated (and by the way cheat is a bad word in a dieters vocabulary and should not be used, but that's a whole other blog) or you have a lunch meeting on Wednesday at your job and you fall short and eat something bad in your eyes and you find yourself giving up that week and saying "I'll just start over next Monday. Well I'm here to tell you that Monday will never come if you keep that attitude. The best thing to do is to say "I'm going to do better with the next meal and watch the changes that happen in you life, your body and with your mind. You will begin to reprogram the way you think about food and getting healthy. Before you know it the weight will be falling off! Don't worry about Monday,  eat for today, workout for today, and plan for today. Monday will come and go!

Montina

Living Pretty

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ms. Montina! Yes, I know procrastination for myself all to well. Like now, I am taking a mental break from writing a 20 page paper. I said a month ago, I'll get to it..I have tomorrow...Oh I can do it next week. And here I am beating myself up and I'm on page 3! I believe that your message here applies to so many struggles one may face in life, which when you watch "TBL" is more than just dieting and falling short. It's about making a life change and my procrastination is one I'm starting with first! Luvs me some you! Now back to this paper mama! xoxo
    SunShine

    ReplyDelete